Apr 1, 2012

Around Sendai

 This is josenjidori, which in Japanese means the josen temple street, of course there is no longer a temple on the street, just a couple of churches.
 Coming home, I spied a monster in our river. Closer inspection proved it to be a branch that had been carried down from the mountains.
 They are still looking for someone to rent this store. It has been unoccupied for at least six months.The tree in front of the store has been trimmed in preparation for the spring growth.
 Looking down the street, you can see that all the trees have received the same treatment. I think they look really strange.
 A few months ago, I show a picture of this car. I saw it in front of a convenience store near my doctors. This time I was out walking about half way between home and my doctors and saw it at another convenience store. The bird is the mascot for Vegalta, the Sendai pro soccer team, who are, by the way, in first place after the fourth game of the new season. Before when I saw the car, I thought it belonged to the soccer club, but this time I got up close and realized that it is actually a taxi.
There is a nursing school across from my old university. This school does not give a BS in Nursing but after graduation the students can get a license. About 10% of the students that I taught in the Nursing Dept at Miyagi U, transferred into the third year after graduating from a school like this and then working for a few years. This particular school spent a lot of money on the building and contents. As you can see from this picture, the inside is more like a finishing school for rich girls than a nursing school. I do not know if they have any courses other than nursing. Tomorrow I will tell you why I was here.

No comments: