Apr 18, 2012

Me and other stuff

 The line of grass that snakes through the center of this picture is the remains of a deep and wide crack in the ground from the earthquake. It has now completely filled in through natural processes and seems to be a great place for grass to grow.
 This drainage ditch survived the earthquakes without damage. Of course, the reason for this is rather obvious.
 The cherry blossoms will soon be out. The buds as shown here are getting ready to bloom.
 
The Seiyu supermarket next to my condo complex is open again but most of the small stores have closed. Happily, however, the 1,000 yen barber shop, now named Cut 1000, has reopened. All they do is cut your hair and then vacuum clean your head, no shampoo, no shaving, no extras at all. If you want the extras, you have to pay between 3,000 and 4,000 yen. Since the old 1,000 barber closed after the quake, I have twice gone to a regular barber who gives a huge discount for seniors. The only problem is that his haircuts are lousy, so I am very happy to have a cheap place to go again.
 This is me when I went to Seiyu.
 This is me after I left Cut 1000.

No comments: