Apr 9, 2012

Walking east then north from home

 In the housing area to the east of my condo, I found this very pleasant little private garden.
 I also found this shed that held a combine, a machine that tills the soil in a rice paddy and then with the change of some attachments harvests the rice.
 Passing in front of my condo and going west so that I could access the road north, I passed the police compound and discovered that they had started work on removing the condemned building. In previous posts, I have shown this building from both this side and the back. In all the pictures you could see the broken windows and the serious cracks in the walls.
 Taking the back roads up the hill that leads out of the river valley, I found this rather interesting array of flower pots and roof tiles
 The last time that I was in this area, they were repairing the Buddhist temple. This time the work was finished. You can see that there is a new fence around the bell tower.
This colorful building is on the top of the hill on the far side of the Sendai ByPass road, which I reached at a point about three kilometers from home.

No comments: