May 22, 2012

Still walking

 This is what is called a shot bar. The specialize in serving shots of whiskey. I took this picture because I like the name which is on the wall over the door. This shot bar is called Your Dear Time.
 I crossed the Kanjosen, the main road that goes around Sendai to the west, and passed this kindergarten. They have a couple of campuses and specialize in teaching the kids English.
 Although this area is only a couple of kilometers from my apartment, I have never walked here before. It is not on the way to anywhere and this is the first time that I specifically decided to see what was here. I liked this house and yard very much.
 Actually I was trying to find a Shinto shrine that is supposed to be in this area. I found it on an internet map, but my pocket map did not clearly show the roads in this area. Therefore, I decided to just try as many roads as possible and see what I could find. The first road I tried led to the top of a hill.
 At the top I found a small graveyard.
Turning around I could see houses, houses, and more houses. A few years ago the hill in the distance would have been covered with trees. The river that I used to sometimes follow when I walked home from Miyagi Gakuin University is down in the valley.

No comments: