May 1, 2012

Toshogu and then heading home

 This is the back of the main shrine. I took the picture through the wire fence.
 I have no idea what the purpose of the little buildings in the above two pictures might be. There is a window so I suspect that there is some sort of statue or something inside, but I was unable to find an angle where I could see through the opening.
 This is the administrative building for the shrine. The store where you buy the offerings and amulets is at the far end. After taking this picture I turned around and took a path out the back of the grounds and started for home. I was taking a route that was a bit to the west of the one I arrived on.
 This building houses some sort of architectural company according to the sign. I thought the glassed in entrance was very interesting.
 A little farther along I found a graveyard, hidden behind a concrete wall.
I stepped through a gate in the wall and found this statue just inside.

No comments: