May 17, 2012

Yuaicho Park

 Yuaicho Park starts beside my apartment complex and follows the Nanakitagawa River downstream for about a kilometer. I wanted some fresh air, but not a long walk, so I went out into the park. One of the first things I noticed was this couple having a picnic on the other side of the river.
 I really like these flowers. The color is extremely intense, especially in bright sunlight. I guess I should find out what they are called. In the spring, you see them everywhere.
 This section of the levee top paved path was badly damaged in the quakes, but they have finally patch the holes. I took a picture of this crack about a year ago and it was so deep that I could not see the bottom. This filling was put in place during the last month or so.
These two young men are getting their equipment ready to go fishing. A tributary to the Nanakitagawa River is a few meters to the right and about four meters down. There is a bridge over the river at this point.

No comments: